Monday, May 19, 2014

Ladies Night Design Class

A few months back I was asked to teach a class.  I was a bit taken aback as I am not a teacher, nor do I desire to be one!  But none-the-less, I jumped at the chance to take part as I was told there would be wine served!  HA HA!!!  

The group of women I had the pleasure to work with are all great friends who get together once a month to go to dinner, get drinks or learn something new.  They wanted to try their hand at floral design and I was happy to oblige!

I decided to teach the ladies how to design a centerpiece using flowers you could pick up at the grocery store.  I used alstromeria, green mini hydrangeas, orange spray roses, green buttons, gerber daisies, tulips and wax flower.  A traditional mix of spring flowers in bright vibrant colors.  I chose a clear cylinder vase for the container because I loved how sleek and clean it looks.

While I am not sure that I actually "taught" these fun ladies anything about flower arranging, I think they all had a great time!!  But how could you not with great food, good wine and wonderful friends!?

If you are interested in learning more about doing a design class, let me know. These are great for girls nights, Church groups, mom groups or anyone with an interest in learning more about floral design.  You can email me at meechols9@yahoo.com for more information.







It's rare that I have a chance to make anything for myself.  I was thrilled to bring home my design from the flower class!!

0 comments: