Monday, July 21, 2014

Arbor Day

 

I had the absolute pleasure of doing a wedding last weekend at an incredible venue! Sycamore Farm is a 20 acre working horse farm that has been transformed into a stunning event venue in Bloomington Indiana.  I love this rustic location and all the modern day amenities it offers.  It was so much fun creating the florals for this beautiful wedding!

Sycamore Farm has a beautiful arbor that is available for the couples to use for the ceremony.  One of the owners told me that it was made by a bride's father for her ceremony and the dad planned to take it home and set it on fire!!  That would have been awful because it looks like it was MADE for this farm!  The arbor is naturally so pretty with all the twisted wood and vines, but I wanted to add splashes of color to brighten the arbor up a bit.  The colors for this wedding were pink, yellow and touches of orange.  So happy and so much fun!!

I wanted to use flowers that coordinated with the centerpieces and bouquets, but that would last for a few hours without being in water.  I used yellow and pink carnations, orange, pink and yellow gerber daisies, yellow and white daisies and solidago.  I wrapped the twigs with Italian ruscus to start and attached groupings of flowers to the greenery.  

This was such a fun wedding and I can't wait to share more of the florals with you!!  







0 comments: