Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Finding Inspiration

 

As with any design profession, it is important to study and stay current with trends and techniques.  I love to see what florists in other parts of the country are doing and what flowers they are using.  It helps   me to stay fresh and hopefully helps me to grow as a floral designer.  I study blogs and websites and always feel super inspired by the amazing work being done by florists all over the country. 

One florist that is not only super talented, but a really sweet person is Kelly Mendenhall of Three Leaf Floral.  Located in Grand Junction Colorado, Kelly is a stay at home mom like myself and is producing beautiful florals for weddings.  I love to glance through her portfolio for inspiration. She creates beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres, each one being so unique.  Kelly has been so gracious to me and offered me a lot of wonderful advice on the business side of things! Thanks Kelly!!  Please take a look at her website; you will be so glad you did!
 

Another website that I stalk is a little shop in Minneapolis MN called Spruce.  I had the chance to visit their store while on vacation in the Twin Cities last summer.  Their approach to design is “simple and organic” and it is so true.  They have a unique style that looks effortless, but takes such talent to construct.  They do weddings, events, classes, you name it, they do it.  As a former interior designer, I have to say I love the look and feel of their shop as well!  Light and airy, just like their floral designs!

 
 

The last florist that I really love to keep up with is Cori Cook floral design.  Cori and her staff are located in Denver Colorado and they are mega talented!  I can’t find one thing about their aesthetic that I don’t love.  From large and lavish to vintage and rustic, they pretty much can do it all and it looks fantastic! 
 
 
 
I am feeling totally inspired today!  What talented and amazing florists these ladies are!  
 

2 comments:

Stephanie R said...

If you like succulents, you have to check out Succulents and Sunshine, she did all the centerpieces for the JK Convention a few months ago. The photos from the event are beautiful!

http://www.succulentsandsunshine.com/succulent-centerpieces-for-a-corporate-event/

Kelly 3Leaf said...

Thanks Meridith! Such an honor to be loved.. I love having you as a flower pen pal!