Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall Textures and Colors

 


I have been really lucky to work with some great ladies on my corporate work.  They give me linen colors and let me have a chance to use basically whatever I want to.  It allows me to experiment with flowers I don't use very often.  It also allows me to use my interior design experience exploring textures and colors.  

Last week was busy in the design studio making fall creations for 2 events at Indiana University.  I used some traditional fall flowers and added in a few unusual pops of texture for fun.  I used trachilieum for the first time.  (Its the purple puff-ball looking flower below.) It is rough and a little prickly to the touch.  It was the perfect pop of eggplant color that the client requested.  I also used lavender mum, green button mum, alstromeria, green hypericum berries and seeded eucalyptus.  

I was so pleased with how the centerpieces turned out, and more importantly, the client loved them!




0 comments: